Tuesday, February 02, 2010

My climber

This weekend while I was doing some laundry, and Amina was helping of course, I was busy sorting clothes from the washer and I looked over and could only see Amina’s toes sticking out of the dryer.  Of course I had to run and get my camera while I was saying ‘No Amina, we don’t climb in the dryer’ ;) She is getting so big and little-girl like these days.  My baby is almost 2 and I can’t believe it! I’m having a hard time accepting that she’s growing up so much.  But I’m tryingIMG_5471 to enjoy each stage and not dwell on what she’ isn’t’ (e.g., a baby) anymore, but on who she is and what  delight she is each day.  Hopefully the Lord will bless us with more children so we can experience the baby stage again with our next ones… we are trying to wait and trust in God’s timing on that one… though we are more than ready for our family to grow (or so we think!).  But for now I am enjoying my not so little toddler and all the fun ways she is growing and learning and experiencing life.   She is talking so much more these days too.  The other day before her nap, Amina said “Mama sing Jesus song?” because we’ve been singing Jesus loves me before he naps lately.  She’s also starting to recognize emotions and will say “Amina sad” followed by a few little whimpers and sticking her bottom lip out.  She usually isn’t actually sad when she does that, but she’s letting us know she understands emotions more now.  I told her one time that Bruin was sad because we were leaving the house and he had to go in his room instead of coming with us and she talked about Bruin being sad all day.   It’s just amazing to me how much she understands and is starting to be able to express herself.  It also makes me realize just how delayed some of the kids I used to work with actually were!  We are so blessed to have a delightful little girl who loves life and loves to learn and experience new things. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

she is so cute! and you are right...each stage is awesome in it's own right...i love that she loves to help you around the house! what a sweet heart! :), sgm

Ginny said...

cuteness! What a privelege to watch her grow and learn and come into her own! That's so cute about talking to Bruin!

Post a Comment

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates