Sorry to be gone for so long… well this isn’t that long compared to how long I’d been gone from my other blog… but anyway… we were busy getting ready for Amina’s birthday, then my parents were visiting from Virginia, and then Amina and I got the stomach flu. But now things are getting back to normal. Amina’s birthday was so much fun! I’ll have to do another post just about that day! But I wanted to put up something quick first. Right now I have corned beef cooking on the stove and I was cutting up cabbage to add to it in a few minutes. Amina wanted to help cut the cabbage so I sent her to get her wooden cutting fruit that she got for her birthday. She’s currently diligently working away at cutting up her bread, carrot, pepper, cucumber, watermelon, and app le. (All wooden of course). She’s getting really good at it! The first time she tried this was last week when Grandma Margaret was with us and I was making soup for dinner. So of course today when I got her all set up she asked if Grandma was going to help her. :) Sorry Amina Grandma would love to help you but she is across the country now! We had a really fun time having Grandma and Papa here with us for the week. We were sad to see them go! But we are also
looking forward to having Uncle Scott, Aunt Brenda, and cousins David, Sarah, Matthew, Nathaniel, and Bethany coming to stay with us for 4 months. Amina’s Uncle Scott is arriving in the country today but will be heading down to see his family for a while. We are still waiting to see when the rest of the family will be able to leave Africa but we are hopeful that it will be in the next couple of weeks. Then we will have a houseful! We are very much looking forward to spending time with our family who is usually across the world from us and I’m especially excited for Amina and Bethany to get to spend lots of time playing and getting to know each other. Bethany is the cousin closest in age to Amina – she’s 14 months older than Amina. I know we will have lots of fun together while their family is here!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
I’m back…
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment