Friday, July 16, 2010

Great News!

In case you haven’t heard yet, Doug and I are expecting Baby #2!  The next little one is expected to arrive right around Christmas!  My due date is either 12/25 or 12/28.  We are so thrilled!  We have been waiting for this for what seems like a long time – though I know others who have had to wait much much longer, and now we have finally been blessed with a sibling on the way for our darling little girl.  I always thought I’d want my kids really close.  Our plan was to have them about 18 months apart.  But God’s plan was different.  The waiting was really difficult at times, but now I think the timing will be perfect for us.  I get to spend this summer with just Amina, going out and exploring and enjoying my delightful girl.  And she will be a few months shy of 3 when the new baby arrives.  That is a much more independent age.  And I know that siblings that are 3 years apart can be just as close of friends as ones that are a little closer in age.  Now we just have to get busy on the potty training so we can hopefully have a few months being diaper free in our house! :)  We will likely be finding out the baby’s gender in early August.  This pregnancy has been flying by! I can’t believe I’m nearly 17 weeks already!  When we ask Amina if she thinks she’s having a baby brother or a baby sister, she always says baby sister.  We will just have to wait and see! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yayyyyyyy! ive missed you on here and always check! so excited about the baby on the way and i loved watching amina in the pool...so cute!
:), sgm

Ginny said...

CONGRATS CAROL!!!!! How very exciting!!!! What great news for the Easterly's!!! God is so good...=) My brother and I are 3 years apart, and we were perfect playmates growing up and now good friends. Not that we didn't have our rough patches, but that is true with any siblings! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

Post a Comment

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates