Today I put Amina down for her nap but she wasn't too interested in sleeping right away, so she cried rather hard for a little while. It got quiet for about 15 minutes so I assumed she had fallen asleep. But then she started crying even harder than before. As I've learned to leave her to cry and go back to sleep if she hasn't been down at least an hour I let her cry for a while, though she seemed to be crying much harder than she usually does if she's just resisting sleep. Well after a little while she did finally quiet down again for at least a half hour or so. So when she woke up the next time I went up to get her. Imagine my surprise when I walk in and find her laying buck naked in her crib holding her diaper. Oh my! No wonder she was crying so hard! She must have taken those 15 minutes to get her clothes off and she couldn't get them back on! Not to mention that she had wet her bed and was laying in it... she always sleeps in the same place in her bed so she didn't even think of moving down in her crib, or apparently of pulling her blanket over her. So yes, I felt like a bad mom for a little while because I didn't go check on her when she was crying so hard... but how was I to know? I wasn't. So I'll just blog about it and remember this as the first time Amina was able to get all of her clothes and her diper off by herself. I guess that 'learn to dress monkey' she got for Christmas is teaching her a lot!
Despite Amina's rather poor nap she was in a good mood the rest of the day and we got to have lots of fun with the Rowleys. We went on about a 2 mile walk on the pipeline trail and found a geocache by the dropoff - it was so pretty! And it was sunny and warmer out today too, so it was so nice to be outside! Amina got to walk for a little while and she wanted to keep going even though she was clearly getting tired. She finally let uncle Ben carry her on his shoulders for a little while. After that we went back to their house and played games for several hours. It's so nice that Amina can entertain herself for a while now so we can play games again! She loves to sit in her high chair and color. And she loves playing with her cousins and their pets too! I'm so thankful for our wonderful family and that we get to spend lots of time with those that live around us.
Monday, January 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment